Your health and well-being while travelling is important to us, so our priority is to ensure you are kept up-to-date on the latest information and updates concerning domestic travel during these times. As lockdowns relax and travel starts in phased manner, we want to ensure that you stay updated about travel guidelines as they change frequently with respect to the changing situation induced by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here we summarise the current rules and regulations pertaining to domestic air travel and information about state wise quarantine protocols along with safety regulations as directed by the government of India for travellers.
Safety Rules and Regulations
Follow these domestic air travel rules as you embark on your journey to ensure your safety of those of others around you.
Domestic Airlines Rules
Check what rules apply for different domestic airlines before you travel within the country.
State-wise Quarantine Protocols
Quarantine rules and regulations as directed by state governments in India
- Maharashtra: All travelers from NCR/Dehi, Goa, Kerala, Rajasthan & Gujarat must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival or will undergo test upon arrival at own cost. Post test will be sent to home. Aarogya Setu App mandatory
- Goa / Bihar / Sikkim / Haryana / Chandigarh / Himachal Pradesh- No Obligations. Aarogya Setu App mandatory and self monitor
- Gujarat- Self monitor 14days mandatory Registration for Surat. https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/EServices/Covid19SelfReporting
- Madhya Pradesh- Symptoms travelers covid test will be done, if test positive will be sent to Covid center. If negative NO Quarantine and NO for business travelers if return less then 3days. All passenger are required update their health status on Indore 311 App Mandatory registration on https://www.smartcityindore.org/311-app/
- West Bengal- All travelers from Karnataka, Kerala , Maharashtra & Telangana must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival . 14 days Self monitor Health Authorities will decide . Test will be conducted if not carrying RTPCR Nagative report Aarogya Setu App mandatory submit the declaration form using Sandhane App Test
- Arunachal Pradesh- Rapid Test will be done to all travelers. All asymptomatic passengers to self-isolate Symptomatic will be shifted Covid center
- Telangana- Health Authorities shall decide about the Quarantine for symptomatic passenger
- Chhattisgarh- COVID test shall be conducted for symptomatic travelers IQ till the test results
- Tripura- Symptomatic passenger 14Days HQ, Test will be conducted on random basis. No quarantine Asymptomatic travelers
- Jharkhand- NO Quarantine. 14 days Self monitor
- Punjab- Mandatory registration on Cova app https://bit.ly/3h3jPmE
- Andhra Pradesh-Thermal screening shall be done for both international and domestic passengers Mandatory to Enroll in Spandana app https://www.spandana.ap.gov.in
- Mizoram- No Quarantine for travelers with negative RT-PCR report, taken within 96hrs. RAT- Test will be done upon arrival, for travelers without RT-PCR and quarantine at discretion of authorities M-Pass Mandatory https://mcovid19.mizoram.gov.in/
- Karnataka: All travelers from Kerala & Maharashtra must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. Aarogya Setu App mandatory
Home Quarantine - 14 Days
- Delhi - Delhi - 7 days HQ, All travelers from Kerala, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Punjab must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. Between 27th Feb till 15th Mar.
Exemption – Rest of India traveler on Business and corporate traveler carrying return ticket but at the discretion of the health authorities at airport
- Uttar Pradesh-At VARNASI- Mandatory RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival for Travelers from Maharashtra and Kerala. RAT upon arrival for traveler without RT-PCR
14 Days HQ
Exemption - No quarantine for business and corporate traveler return within 7days
Registration mandatory https://reg.upcovid.in
- Kerala-14Days HQ Exemption - No quarantine for business visitors exiting within 7 days. Registration mandatory https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in on https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/addMedicalEmergencyPass
- J & K- All traveler must carry RT-PCT RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. undergo 14Days HQ. Fill ICMR Health form on arrival Mandatory Aarogya APP
- Rajasthan- Must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival for Travelers from Maharashtra and Kerala 14 Days HQ for all travelers, Symptomatic passengers will be isolated and taken to nearest health facility. Submit Self-Health Declaration
- Uttarakhand-Must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival for Travelers from Maharashtra , Kerala and Gujarat. Positive will be sent to Quarantine Center
7 days HQ for stay more the 7days Exemption - No quarantine for business and corporate traveler return within 7days.
Mandatory Registration - http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in/
Tamil Nadu-COVID test for symptomatic passengers on discretion from health officials. 7Days HQ & 7 Days Self monitor for travelers from Maharashtra and Kerala. 14 days – Self monitor for all passengers from other states. Exception business traveler exiting within 72 hrs & return ticket mandatory.Symptomatic will be tested and IQ till the result and COVID tested positive will be taken to Hospital Isolation and Asymptomatic tested positive will be taken to COVID Care Centre for management Mandatory to register on TN-PASS
Odisha - 7 days HQ Mandatory for all travelers from Kerala, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Punjab. For asymptomatic travelers no quarantine if holding RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. Mandatory Aarogya APP
Home/Institutional/Hotel Quarantine - 14 days
- Meghalaya- All travelers from must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. 14Days HQ is mandatory, If Tested positive will be shifted to Covid facility. Register on state portal http://meghalayaonline.gov.in/covid/travel.htm
- Andaman & Nicobar- RT-PCR Test Mandatory 48hrs prior arrival. Traveller arriving without RT-PCR negative test will be deported on same flight. No Quarantine for with negative RT-PCR test report.
- Assam-COVID Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) will be conducted upon arrivals followed by RT-PCR Test at all the Airports. If RAT result is NEGATIVE- swab sample would be taken for RT-PCR testing. Isolation for 5days or till the Result. Home Quarantine of 10 days is mandatory Exemption – No Quarantine for return with in 24hrs, return ticket mandatory.
- Manipur- All travelers from Kerala & Maharashtra must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. All travelers must apply for E-PASS 2days prior arrival. For Symptoms covid test upon arrival. Quarantine will be advise by authorities Mandatory register on https://quarmonmanipur.nic.in/epass/
- Nagaland: 7 Days IQ followed by 14 days HQ Nagaland Visito app. Quarantine exempted if returning in 48hrs and must obtain permission from District Task Force https://covid19.nagaland.gov.in/
Travellers are advised to check all details before commencing their travel, like flight number, terminal, baggage allowance, quarantine details, safety measures and so on. For more information on current updates and guideline, contact us or get in touch with your dedicated travel consultant.