Your health and well-being while travelling is important to us, so our priority is to ensure you are kept up-to-date on the latest information and updates concerning domestic travel during these times. As lockdowns relax and travel starts in phased manner, we want to ensure that you stay updated about travel guidelines as they change frequently with respect to the changing situation induced by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here we summarise the current rules and regulations pertaining to domestic air travel and information about state wise quarantine protocols along with safety regulations as directed by the government of India for travellers.
Safety Rules and Regulations
Follow these domestic air travel rules as you embark on your journey to ensure your safety of those of others around you.
Domestic Airlines Rules
Check what rules apply for different domestic airlines before you travel within the country.
State-wise Quarantine Protocols
Quarantine rules and regulations as directed by state governments in India
Last Updated - 26 July 2021
- Maharashtra - It is mandatory for passengers arriving into Maharastra from other states/UT to carry a negative RT-PCR which will have to be issued from up to a maximum of 72Hours before the time of arrival i. RT-PCR timeline starts from the report issuance time. Passenger not in possession of the same shall be denied boarded at the origin station.P assengers in possession of final vaccination certificate, i.e., those who have taken both doses and completed 15 days from the receipt of the 2nd dose shall be exempted from pre-departure RT-PCR requirement
- Sikkim / Haryana / Himachal Pradesh- NO Obligations. Aarogya Setu App mandatory and self monitor
- Karnataka - Passengers originating their journey from any city in Maharashtra and Kerala state to any city in Karnataka state shall be mandatorily required to be in possession of RT-PCR negative certificate of not older than 72Hours from an ICMR accredited lab or vaccination certificate of atleast one dose of COVID-19 vaccine. Children below the age of 2 years are exempted.
- Arunachal Pradesh- Rapid Test will be done to all travelers. All asymptomatic passengers to self-isolate Symptomatic will be shifted Covid center
- Telangana- Health Authorities shall decide about the Quarantine for symptomatic passenger
- Tripura- Mandatory RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior departure Symptomatic passenger 14Days HQ. Mandatory Aarogya APP
- Punjab / Chandigarh- Covid 19 certificate no more required upon arrival..Mandatory registration on Cova app https://bit.ly/3h3jPmE
- Andhra Pradesh-Covid test at discretion of Authorities. Mandatory to Enroll in Spandana app https://www.spandana.ap.gov.in/
- Rajasthan- It is MANDATORY for passengers arriving from other states to carry a COVID negative report from an ICMR approved lab not earlier than 72 hours. Passengers in possession of vaccination certificate showing 1 dose complete are exempted from RT-PCR testing and institutional quarantine. Passengers not having RT-PCR report, can get the test done on arrival at the airport and then they have to undergo 15 days institutional quarantine until their test report is negative. Home quarantine will be allowed only after registering under form 4. All passengers must submit Self-Health Declaration and go through screening process. Passengers traveling to Udaipur are mandatorily required to upload a copy of their RT-PCR negative report on http://emitra.rajasthan.gov.in
- Gujarat- No RT-PCR test is required to fly into Ahmedabad, Vadodara or Rajkot. For Surat - It is mandatory for passengers arriving into the city of Surat from other states/UT to carry a negative RT-PCR report not earlier than 72 hours from an ICMR approved laboratory. Children below the age of 12 yrs will be exempted. Registration for Surat
- West Bengal- It is mandatory for passengers arriving in the state of West Bengal from other states/UT to carry a negative RT-PCR report not earlier than 72 hours from an ICMR approved laboratory or final vaccination certificate (2 doses complete). RT-PCR timeline starts from the swab collection time.It is mandatory for passengers arriving in the state of West Bengal from other states/UT to carry a negative RT-PCR report not earlier than 72 hours from an ICMR approved laboratory.14 days Self monitor. For symptomatic travelers Health Authorities will decide. Passengers not in possession of RT-PCR negative report shall be denied boarded at the origin station.Transit passengers are exempted from RT-PCR test provided they do not exit the airport premises Submit the declaration form using Sandhane App Test. Passengers arriving without RT-PCR negative report into the state of West Bengal shall be subject to 14 days institutional quarantine at their own cost. institutional quarantine at their own cost App can be downloaded through this link http://220.127.116.11/systems/Sandhane/1.2/Sandhane_Gen.apk.
- Uttarakhand- Passengers in possession of final vaccination certificate, i.e., those who have taken both doses and completed 15 days from the receipt of the 2nd dose shall be exempted from pre-departure RT-PCR/TrueNAT/CBNAAT/RAT requirement• Defense Personnel and their families shall be exempted from pre-departure RTPCR/TrueNAT/CBNAAT/RAT requiremen. Positive will be sent to Quarantine Center.Quarantine at discretion of authorities. All passengers travelling to Uttarakhand are required to register on state website before boarding the flight http://dsclservices.org.in/apply.php
Mandatory Registration - http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in/
- Manipur- Mandatory RTPCR/TRUENAT/CB-NAAT negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. Not to travel without negative report.
- Goa - Mandatory for all passengers arriving into Goa from other States/UT to be in possession of RT-PCR/TrueNAT/CBNAAT/Rapid Antigen Test negative report from ICMR accredited labs done within last 72hrs. RT-PCR/TrueNAT/CBNAAT/Rapid Antigen Test timeline starts from the swab collection time. Passengers not fulfilling the requirements shall be denied boarded at the origin stationFollowing passengers are exempted from the above mentioned requirement :
Passengers entering Goa for a medical emergency on production of proof or coming in an ambulance
All persons entering the state in goods vehicles making essential supplies however such vehicles shall not carry any passengers unconnected with the transportation of essential supplies
Following passenger categories are exempted from pre-departure RT-PCR requirement if they are fully vaccinated and have completed 14 days from receipt of the 2nd dose
The workforce, i.e. passengers who enter the State of Goa for the purpose of work in industries, labor-force, construction, etc.,
Passengers entering the State of Goa for the purpose of business and employment
Residents of Goa who are stranded outside Goa for pandemic related or other such issues
Residents of Goa who, on account of their work requirements/medical reasons, are required to travel outside the State of Goa and return to the state after a few days
- Odisha - 1. Any arriving passenger failing to produce RT-PCR negative/ RAT negative report or Final COVID Vaccination Certificate will have to undergo mandatory RAT test at the testing facility at the airport.
2. Any passenger who tests positive, will have to undergo 7 days mandatory home/ institutional quarantine/ paid quarantine and will be further dealt as p
Home Quarantine - 14 Days
- Chhattisgarh- All passengers travelling to Chhattisgarh are advised to be in possession of RT-PCR negative report not earlier than 96Hrs or a COVID vaccination Final Certificate (after 2 doses of vaccination). Passengers not in possession of RT-PCR negative report or vaccination certificate shall be required to undergo test upon arrival free of cost and shall remain in home quarantine until receipt of test report. Children below 12 years are exempted from RT-PCR test.
- Ladakh - Mandatory RT-PCR negative report not earlier then 96hr prior arrival into Leh, 7 days HQ Mandatory if not carrying report. Test will be conducted post HQ.
COVID negative report (not earlier than 72 hours of arrival) are MANDATORY for entry into Ladakh.
- Delhi - In view of the surge in number of COVID-19 cases, random sample collection will be done for passengers arriving from states where there has been a spurt in number for COVID-19 cases. Passengers will be allowed to exit after sample collection. Thermal screening will be done for all passengers upon arrival.
Passengers who are found positive will be quarantined at home or CCC/CHC/Hospital for 10 days. All asymptomatic passengers arriving at Delhi must self monitor their health for 14 days.
- Uttar Pradesh- For Lucknow Only , Passengers arriving during the period of 24th July to 31st July from the states of Manipur, Mizoram, Kerala Meghalaya, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Maharashtra, Goa, Odisha or Andhra Pradesh are mandatorily required to be in possession of either of the below mentioned at the time of departure .RT-PCR negative report of sample collected between 20th July to 23rd July from ICMR accredited labs § Final vaccination certificate i.e., two doses complete. Passenger will need to register on state website before they exit the arrival hall using below web link or phone number Web Link : https://reg.upcovid.in or call 1800-180-5145 Passengers exiting Uttar Pradesh within 7 days of arrival shall be exempted from mandatory quarantine subject to validation of return/onward travel
- Kerala- Mandatory RTPCR negative report taken 72hrs prior departure 14Days HQ if not wiling to undergo RTPCR test upon arrival. Registration mandatory with epass mandatory. https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in
- Tamil Nadu- COVID test for symptomatic passengers on discretion from health officials, including for travelers form Maharashtra and Kerala. For Coimbatore - all passengers to carry a negative RT-PCR report not earlier than 72 hrs, passengers not in possession of the same shall be required to undergo RT-PCR upon arrival free of cost. Tested positive will be taken to Hospital Isolation.7 Days HQ + 7days self monitor if arriving from Maharashtra and Kerala. 14 days – self monitoring for all passengers from other states Exception business traveler exiting within 72 hrs & return ticket mandatory. Not applicable for traveler from Coimbatore. Mandatory to register on TN-PASS
- Madhya Pradesh- BHOPAL Madhya Pradesh Health Screening ∙ Thermal screening and shall be done upon arrival. Quarantine ∙ NIL Passenger Obligation ∙ All passengers must download Aarogya Setu App INDORE Madhya Pradesh Health Screening ∙ Thermal screening shall be done for all passengers. Quarantine ∙ NIL Passenger Obligation ∙ All passengers must download Aarogya Setu App ∙ Self-declaration is mandatory for all arriving passengers to Indore. Link for self-declaration is given below. https://indore.acceldash.com/self-declaration-form
- J & K- All passengers arriving into Jammu & Kashmir are advised to be in possession of negative RT-PCR report of not earlier than 48 hours from an ICMR approved laboratory, Passengers not in possession of negative RT-PCR report shall be required to undergo RAT test upon .
Home/Institutional/Hotel Quarantine - 14 days
- Meghalaya- All travelers from must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 48hrs prior arrival.
If Tested positive will be shifted to Covid facility. Register on state portal. Health Authorities shall decide about the Quarantine. Passengers arriving from any state except Maharashtra, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Karnataka and Kerala shall be exempted if in possession of valid final certificate of vaccination.
- Andaman & Nicobar- RT-PCR Test Mandatory 48hrs prior arrival . Traveler arriving without RT-PCR negative test will be deported on same flight. 7 Days Home Quarantine mandatory. In addition to being in possession of negative RT-PCR report, all arriving passengers shall mandatorily undergo RAT test upon arrival at designated testing centers located within 2Kms of the airport.
- Assam- As per SOP Order dated 25.06.2021 it was advised that "people who have been vaccinated 2(Two) doses of COVID Vaccine were exempted from mandatory testing on arrival at Assam from other States provided they produce valid certificate depicting the fully vaccinated status."As per SOP Order dated 15.07.2021, it has been advised that the previous Order has been withdrawn and the mandatory testing on arrival at Assam is to be introduced as in few instances COVID Positive has been observed with the incoming passengers in spite of having 2(Two) doses of COVID Vaccine.
- Nagaland: Nagaland: Passenger carrying Final Vaccinated Certificate or 1st dose (15 days completed) doesnot require RT-pcr test.All passengers travelling to Nagaland mandatorily need to be in possession of RT-PCR/TrueNAT/CBNAAT negative report not earlier than 72 hours or a COVID vaccination Final Certificate (after 2 doses of vaccination). If not in possession of the above the customers shall be denied boarding at the origin station.Mandatory 7 Days of HQ/IQ (Paid). Must submit self-declaration for home quarantine through nCOVID Nagaland Visitors App/ online at covid-19nagaland.gov.in/ by whatsapp to helpline No 7630877991
- Bihar - Gaya -Passengers arriving from Delhi & NCR, Maharashtra, Kerala & Punjab must carry RT-PCR negative report from ICMR accredited labs.Darbhanga - Passengers arriving from Delhi & NCR, Maharashtra, Kerala & Punjab must carry RT-PCR negative report of not older than 72hours from ICMR accredited labs, passengers not in possession of this shall be denied boarded at the origin station. Mandatory 10 days quarantine for these travelers. Patna – Random RAT test will be free of cost at arrivals for passengers from other sectors.
- Mizoram- Mandatory Negative RT-PCR report, taken within 72hrs without report RAT- Test will be done upon arrival, mandatory 10 day home or institutional quarantine even if Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival is negative. No quarantine for short visit less then 96hrs
M-Pass Mandatory https://mcovid19.mizoram.gov.in/
- Jharkhand- Mandatory thermal screening will be conducted for all passengers arriving from Maharashtra, Kerala & Telangana. Random testing of passengers will be done at the airport. Symptomatic passengers will be tested for RT-PCR/TRUENAT and if found positive will be advised for home isolation. All passengers arriving into Ranchi need to mandatorily carry a negative RT-PCR test report done within 72 hours prior to departure. In spite of carrying a negative RT-PCR report, all passengers arriving into Ranchi have to undergo COVID test at the airport. Free of charge RT-PCR test facility is available at Ranchi on arrival. Infants (0-2 years) are exempted from RT-PCR testing requirement. Passengers are advised to self-monitor health for 14 days. All arrival passengers must fill up the Self-Declaration Form for submission to State Health Dept. on arrival at Ranchi All passengers must download Aarogya Setu App.
Note – RT-PCR Test should be calculated from the swab collection time and should not be handwritten report.
Travellers are advised to check all details before commencing their travel, like flight number, terminal, baggage allowance, quarantine details, safety measures and so on. For more information on current updates and guideline, contact us or get in touch with your dedicated travel consultant.