Your health and well-being while travelling is important to us, so our priority is to ensure you are kept up-to-date on the latest information and updates concerning domestic travel during these times. As lockdowns relax and travel starts in phased manner, we want to ensure that you stay updated about travel guidelines as they change frequently with respect to the changing situation induced by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here we summarise the current rules and regulations pertaining to domestic air travel and information about state wise quarantine protocols along with safety regulations as directed by the government of India for travellers.
Safety Rules and Regulations
Follow these domestic air travel rules as you embark on your journey to ensure your safety of those of others around you.
Domestic Airlines Rules
Check what rules apply for different domestic airlines before you travel within the country.
State-wise Quarantine Protocols
Quarantine rules and regulations as directed by state governments in India
14 May 2021
- Maharashtra - All passengers travelling to Maharashtra must carry a negative RT-PCR test report issued by an ICMR approved lab. Sample for their RT-PCR test should have been collected within 48 hrs prior to the scheduled arrival at Maharashtra. For Mumbai - Passengers without the negative test report will be denied boarding. For Pune, Nagpur and Aurangabad - Passengers without the negative test report will have to undergo a test on arrival at their own cost.
- Karnataka / Sikkim / Haryana / Himachal Pradesh- NO Obligations. Aarogya Setu App mandatory and self monitor
- Arunachal Pradesh- Rapid Test will be done to all travelers. All asymptomatic passengers to self-isolate Symptomatic will be shifted Covid center
- Telangana- Health Authorities shall decide about the Quarantine for symptomatic passenger
- Tripura- Mandatory RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior departure Symptomatic passenger 14Days HQ. Mandatory Aarogya APP
- Jharkhand- Must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior departure, Test to be conducted for symptomatic, Authorities will advise on HQ if found positive. 14 days Self monitor otherwise
- Punjab / Chandigarh- It is mandatory for passengers arriving in to Punjab/Chandigarh from other states/UT to carry a negative RT-PCR report within 72 hours of departure by an ICMR approved laboratory or be in possession of vaccination certificate (at least one dose) over 2 weeks old. Passengers without a negative test report will be denied boarding. Mandatory registration on Cova app https://bit.ly/3h3jPmE.
- Andhra Pradesh-Covid test at discretion of Authorities. Mandatory to Enroll in Spandana app https://www.spandana.ap.gov.in/
- J & K- Covid test will be conducted upon arrival. If tested positive will undergo 14Days HQ. Fill ICMR Health form on arrival Mandatory Aarogya APP
- Rajasthan- Mandatory RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. 15 Days HQ if arriving without RT-PCR, Symptomatic passengers will be isolated and taken to nearest health facility. Submit Self-Health Declaration. Passengers travelling to Udaipur are mandatorily required to upload a copy of their RT-PCR negative report on http://emitra.rajasthan.gov.in.
- Gujarat- No RT-PCR test is required to fly into Ahmedabad, Vadodara or Rajkot. For Surat - It is mandatory for passengers arriving into the city of Surat from other states/UT to carry a negative RT-PCR report not earlier than 72 hours from an ICMR approved laboratory. Children below the age of 12 yrs will be exempted. Registration for Surat
- West Bengal- It is mandatory for passengers arriving in the state of West Bengal from other states/UT to carry a negative RT-PCR report not earlier than 72 hours from an ICMR approved laboratory.14 days Self monitor. For symptomatic travelers Health Authorities will decide. Passengers not in possession of RT-PCR negative report shall be denied boarded at the origin station.Transit passengers are exempted from RT-PCR test provided they do not exit the airport premises Submit the declaration form using Sandhane App Test. App can be downloaded through this link http://188.8.131.52/systems/Sandhane/1.2/Sandhane_Gen.apk.
- Uttarakhand- Must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. Free test on arrival for travelers from Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi & Rajasthan. Positive will be sent to Quarantine Center
Quarantine at discretion of authorities
Mandatory Registration - http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in/
- Manipur- Mandatory RTPCR/TRUENAT/CB-NAAT negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival. Not to travel without negative report.
- Goa - Mandatory for all passengers arriving into Goa from other States/UT to be in possession of RT-PCR negative report from ICMR accredited labs done within last 72hrs or vaccination certificate (2 doses complete). RT-PCR timeline starts from the swab collection time. Passengers not fulfilling the requirements shall be denied boarded at the origin station.
Home Quarantine - 14 Days
- Chhattisgarh- RTPCR negative report mandatory taken 72hrs prior departure. Test will be conducted if arrived without report.
7Days HQ. Traveler with return ticket within 72hr are exempted from Quarantine. Children below 12 years are exempted from RT-PCR test.
- Ladakh - Mandatory RT-PCR negative report not earlier then 96hr prior arrival, 7 days HQ Mandatory
- Delhi - Mandatory RTPCR negative report taken 72hrs prior departure for Traveler from Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Travelling without report must undergo HQ for 14 Days. Random Covid test will be conducted for all arriving passenger and after sample collection, will be allowed to exit.
10 days Quarantine at Home or at CC/CHC/Hospital Mandatory if found positive. Exemption at discretion of the health authorities for traveler carrying return ticket. Passengers with onward connecting flights from Delhi exempted from the above mentioned requirements. Mandatory 14 days institutional/government quarantine for traveler from Andhra Pradesh & Telangana if not in possession of negative RT-PCR report or vaccination certificate (2 doses complete) and 7 Days home quarantine if in possession of negative RT-PCR report or vaccination certificate (2 doses complete). Failure to be in possession of RT-PCR-Negative report shall lead to denied boarding at origin station.
- Uttar Pradesh- Mandatory RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival for Travelers from Maharashtra and Kerala. RAT test upon arrival for traveler without RT-PCR 14 Days HQ, Exemption - No quarantine for business and corporate traveler return within 7days
Registration mandatory https://reg.upcovid.in or call 1800-180-5145.
- Kerala-Mandatory RTPCR negative report taken 48hrs prior departure, 14Days HQ if not wiling to undergo RTPCR test upon arrival.Registration mandatory with epass mandatory
- Tamil Nadu- COVID test for symptomatic passengers on discretion from health officials, including for traveler's form Maharashtra and Kerala. Tested positive will be taken to Hospital Isolation. 7 Days HQ + 7days self-monitor if arriving from Maharashtra and Kerala.
14 days – self monitoring for all passengers from other states
Exception business traveler exiting within 72 hrs & return ticket mandatory. Not applicable for traveler from Coimbatore. Mandatory to register on TN-PASS
- Madhya Pradesh- Mandatory RT-PCR negative report for traveler from Maharashtra taken 72hrs AT BHOPAL and AT INDORE 48hrs prior. Covid test will be conducted if travelling without RT-PCR at cost and IQ till the test result. Must undergo 7days HQ.
NO Quarantine for business traveler
All passenger are required update their health status on Indore 311 App Mandatory registration on https://www.smartcityindore.org/311-app/
Home/Institutional/Hotel Quarantine - 14 days
- Meghalaya- All travelers from must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 48hrs prior arrival. If Tested positive will be shifted to Covid facility. Register on state portal. Health Authorities shall decide about the Quarantine
- Andaman & Nicobar- RT-PCR Test Mandatory 48hrs prior arrival, Traveler arriving without RT-PCR negative test will be deported on same flight
7 Days Home Quarantine mandatory.
- Assam- Mandatory RT-PCR negative report taken 72hrs prior departure, If not carrying, COVID Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) will be conducted upon arrivals followed by RT-PCR Test at all the Airports. If RAT result is NEGATIVE- swab sample would be taken for RT-PCR testing. Mandatory 7 days HQ for all passengers even if the test of the result conducted on arrival is negative. Exemption – No Quarantine for return with in 24hrs, return ticket mandatory.
- Nagaland: Mandatory RTPCR negative taken 72hrs prior departure. Without to undergo 10day HQ or IQ
Exemption if returning within 48hrs.
Nagaland Visito app. must obtain permission from District Task Force
- Bihar - All travelers from Kerala , Maharashtra & Punjab must carry RT-PCR/RTA negative taken within 72hrs prior arrival. Test will be conducted if arrived without report. 10 Days HQ mandatory.
Health Authorities shall decide about the Quarantine for traveler from other states and random test will be conducted as well.
AT GAYA: Mandatory RT-PCR For traveler from Madhya Pradesh, Delhi & NCR, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Kerala & Punjab
- Mizoram- Mandatory Negative RT-PCR report, taken within 72hrs without report RAT- Test will be done upon arrival, mandatory 7Days self isolation.
No quarantine for short visit less then 96hrs. M-Pass Mandatory https://mcovid19.mizoram.gov.in/
- Odisha - Mandatory RTPCR negative report taken 72hrs prior departure or a COVID vaccination Final Certificate (after 2 doses of vaccination). If not in possession of the above the customers shall be denied boarding at the origin station. All passengers originating from West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana mandatorily need to be in possession of RT-PCR negative report not earlier than 48 hours or a COVID vaccination Final Certificate (after 2 doses of vaccination). Passengers arriving from West Bengal shall undergo mandatory 14 days home/institutional quarantine. Passengers arriving from Andhra Pradesh & Telangana shall undergo mandatory 7 days home quarantine. Mandatory Aarogya APP.
Note – RT-PCR Test should be calculated from the swab collection time and should not be handwritten report.
Travellers are advised to check all details before commencing their travel, like flight number, terminal, baggage allowance, quarantine details, safety measures and so on. For more information on current updates and guideline, contact us or get in touch with your dedicated travel consultant.